Chocolate Dipped Candied Orange Slices
Cook Time - 30mins
Yields: 10-12 orange slices (plus 2 1/2 cups orange simple syrup)
1. Combine the sugar and water over medium-high heat and bringing the mixture to a boil. Usually, you’d make it in a small saucepan, but since we’re adding orange slices to the mix later, let’s use a Dutch oven to give ourselves plenty of room. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium.
2. Add your orange slices. Drop the slices in one at a time to make sure they don’t stick together. Continue to cook the oranges over medium heat until they’re translucent, about 20 minutes, turning them from time to time. Reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the slices are tender but still intact.
3. Now that they’re fully cooked, use a slotted spoon or tongs to carefully remove the slices to a wire rack or a parchment paper-lined baking pan. Let them stand at room temperature overnight until they’re fully dried before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
4. Melt chocolate in a microwave bowl, 1-2 minutes, until melted. Stir and check after 1 minute.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Dip one side of each orange slice in melted chocolate, and lay on parchment paper. If desired, sprinkle lightly (just a few grains per slice) with salt. Refrigerate the orange slices until the chocolate is hardened.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freezer for a month. You can store the syrup in the fridge to use in drinks, etc.
Sourced from: tasteofhome.com