Classic Yams/Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
Cook Time - 60mins
1. Place the yams in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boiling; boil 25 to 35 minutes or until the yams are tender.
2. Drain yams and let them stand until cool enough to handle. Peel yams, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. Place half the yams in a 1-quart casserole dish. Layer with half the brown sugar and half the butter. Repeat layers.
4. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until yams are glazed, spooning liquid over yams once or twice during cooking.
5. Sprinkle with marshmallows and bake 5 minutes more.
Fingerling Sweet Potatoes Learn More