One Hour Sheet Pan Dinner
Prep Time - 30mins
Cook Time - 25mins
1. Pepare two extra large sheet pans by lining them with parchment paper or buttering both pans. Arrange the oven racks so that one rack is the second down from the top and the other oven rack is the second one up from the bottom. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Au Gratin Potatoes
1. Start with the potatoes. Scrub clean and then thinly slice (1/8th inch thick) all the potatoes. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Briskly whisk in the flour and, whisking constantly, stir for 30 seconds. While whisking constantly, slowly add in the milk and whisk until smooth. Allow to thicken. Add in all of the seasonings. (Salt and pepper to taste; I alway end up adding another 1/2 teaspoon salt). Stir in the sliced potatoes and then cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are fork tender. If needed, add a few extra tablespoons of milk. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese.
2. Arrange the potatoes on 1/3 of a parchment covered (or buttered) sheet pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the potatoes. Place the rest of the potatoes on top and then sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Honey Butter Carrots & Parmesan Asparagus
1. Place the washed (completely dried) and peeled carrots on the sheet pan and drizzle with oil, salt and thyme (if desired). Toss to combine. Separate the carrots to one half of the sheet pan.
2. On the other side of the sheet pan add the asparagus (break off the woody ends). Pour the oil and seasonings over the asparagus and toss to coat.
3. Bake on the bottom rack for 10 minutes; stir veggies around, and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Remove from the oven.
4. For the carrots: combine the butter and honey and melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Pour over the carrots and toss to coat. For the asparagus: top with the Parmesan cheese and a squeeze of fresh lemon if desired.
Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
1. Slice the ham into thick slices. Place on the parchment lined sheet pan next to the au gratin potatoes. Place a pineapple slice on top of each ham slice.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the juice from the pineapple, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard. Whisk. Generously coat all of the ham with this mixture.
3. Bake the potatoes and ham on the top rack for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are crisp and ham is thoroughly warmed through. Remove from the oven and add the baguette slices on the last 1/3 of the sheet pan.
4. Spread butter over each slice and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the baguette is toasted and soft.
5. Remove from the oven and top the potatoes with fresh parsley if desired. Salt and pepper everything additionally to taste and enjoy immediately!
Sourced from: chelseasmessyapron.com