Instant Pot Stuffed Peaches
Prep Time - 15mins
Cook Time - 3mins
1. Slice 1⁄4 inch off the tops of peaches, discard. Using a sharp paring knife, cut around and remove the pits so the peaches are hollowed out. Leave at least 1⁄2 inch of flesh so the peaches stay intact. If the peaches are very firm, use a spoon to help loosen and scoop out the pit and the flesh around it. Set aside.
2. Prepare the crumble mixture. In a mixing bowl or shallow dish, add flour, unrefined sweetener of choice, butter, cinnamon, almond extract and sea salt. Mix everything together until the mixture is crumbly.
3. Fill and top hollowed peaches with the crumble mixture.
4. Place Instant Pot steamer insert or steamer basket to the Instant Pot. Add water and 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract to the Instant Pot. Carefully place stuffed peaches into the Instant Pot on top of the steamer insert.
5. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot, making sure the steam release valve is sealed.
6. Turn Instant Pot on by plugging it in, press Manual and decrease time by pressing “-” to 3 minutes. The Instant Pot will say “On” then begin to build pressure and start the countdown.
7. When the Instant Pot is done and beeps, press “Keep Warm/Cancel”, unplug, and use an oven mitt to “quick release”/open the steam release valve. When the steam venting stops and the silver dial drops, carefully open the lid.
8. Using an oven mitt and tongs, carefully lift up and remove the steamer insert and place on a dish. Allow stuffed peaches to rest and cool for about 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Note: Make sure peaches are not overripe. Ripe, but firm peaches are best for this recipe.
Yields: 6 stuffed peaches
Sourced from recipestonourish.com