Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Glaze
Prep Time - 15mins
Cook Time - 60mins
Yields: 1 loaf
CRANBERRY ORANGE LOAF
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and mix well. Add the vanilla and orange zest, mix well. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the flour mix and the orange juice to the butter/sugar mix. To do this, alternate between adding the flour and the juice to the sugar mix. Mix well.
5. Stir in the fresh cranberries.
6. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Let your loaf rest in the tin for about 15 minutes before you add the glaze.
1. Mix together the icing (confectioners) sugar and orange juice. Add the orange zest.
2. When the loaf is slightly cooled, remove it from the pan and drizzle on the glaze.
3. Allow the loaf to rest and cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into slices. Enjoy!
Sourced from: aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com
Navel Oranges Learn More