Paleo Chicken Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash
Prep Time - 10mins
Cook Time - 25mins
Cashew Alfredo Sauce:
1. In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until completely smooth. Sauce should be warm by the end of blending, if not, transfer it to a saucepan to heat before serving.
Spaghetti Squash and Chicken:
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and strings. Spray the inside of the squash with avocado oil spray or brush with oil, and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
2. Place squash face down on the baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes, depending on size and preference for softness. I prefer my squash al dente and roast for about 22 minutes. You can press down gently on the back of the squash to see if it’s tender.
3. Meanwhile, season the chicken thighs generously on both sides with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the oregano and basil all over.
4. Heat oil or ghee over medium-high heat and add chicken to pan.
5. Cook 5-6 minutes on each side, lowering the heat to medium to avoid burning the outside, if necessary.
6. Once chicken is cooked through, remove from pan to a cutting board and let it sit a few minutes. Slice it into strips or bite size pieces using a sharp knife.
7. Use a fork to scrape the “spaghetti” strands from the squash and place in a serving bowl. Top with the Alfredo sauce and chicken, then garnish with basil and/or parsley as desired. Enjoy!
Soured from: paleorunningmomma.com