Vegan Apple Cake with Pecan Crumble
Prep Time - 15mins
Cook Time - 50mins
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a 20 cm (8 inch) round cake pan with baking paper.
2. Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until there are no lumps. Add all of the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until combined. The batter should be thick but still spoonable and pourable. Pour the cake batter into the cake tin and smooth the top with a spoon or spatula.
3. In a medium bowl, add all the crumble ingredients. Mix with a spoon or your fingertips until combined and there are no more pockets of butter or flour.
4. Arrange the thinly sliced apple on the top of the cake in 'fan' shapes or as desired. Scatter the crumble in the gaps on top of the cake.
5. Bake the cake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted into the middle and there is no wet batter on it. The cake is very moist and there might be some crumbs on the skewer which is fine. If the cake is browning too quickly at any point, cover it with an oven-safe plate or aluminium foil.
6. Allow the cake to rest in the cake tin for at least 5 minutes. Remove the cake from the tin and dust with powered sugar if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Sourced from: rainbownourishments.com
Ambrosia Learn More