Vegan Citrus Tart (Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
Prep Time - 20mins
Cook Time - 20mins
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 inch tart pan with melted coconut oil.
2. For the crust add oats and hazelnuts into a food processor. Pulse until combined and add maple syrup, coconut oil and hazelnut pulp (optional). Process into a moist mixture. Firmly press dough into the tart and press up on the sides as well. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the crust appears golden brown. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes and then transfer onto a cooling rack.
3. In the meantime prepare citrus creme layer. In a food processor process cashews for about 5-10 minutes until completely smooth.
4. In a small saucepan add coconut cream, maple syrup, orange and coconut oil. Heat over medium and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add cashew cream and cashew pulp (optional) and mix well.
5. Pour citrus mixture into the tart half way full. Refrigerate for about 1-2 hours until tart has set.
6. In the meantime prepare citrus jelly layer. In a small saucepan add grapefruit, orange, water and agave syrup. Heat over medium-high and add agar powder. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes while whisking continuously. Set aside to cool down for about 5 minutes. Pour on top of citrus creme tart and transfer back into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set.
7. Serve with fresh fruit and store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days.
*Make sure to squeeze out any excess liquid from the pulp.
Yields: 8-10 slices
Sourced from: delight-fuel.com